Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reworking the Garden, Day Two

After a day of rain,


we got back to the garden. Will continued to work on the frames with Jeffrey helping. I pulled up tomato stakes and old pepper and eggplant vines and transplanted the poor blueberries again. It will be a miracle if they produce. I plan on trimming them back hard next year (they've already got buds for this year) and seeing what happens.


This picture has nothing to do with the garden, but I like the joy and trepidation that are mixed in his little body.


By the end of the second day, I had cleared all the trash and plants from the garden and was ready for tilling. We put a couple of the frames in the garden to judge size and placement. This was followed by much cursing on my part as I realized that...uh...math is hard!

I also snagged this photo of blooms on my rosemary. I love my new camera even if I hate the software it comes with. My rosemary bush is almost ten years old and is a monster if I don't keep it ruthlessly pruned. I use rosemary quite a bit in cooking (it's also, incidentally, a nice all-purpose herb for rituals.) Legend has it that while on the way to Bethlehem, Mary laid her cloak on a rosemary bush when she and Joseph stopped for a rest, turning the flowers blue.

No comments: